I’m always looking for an interesting appetizer to serve and I’ve created a popular twist on an old classic – Butter Chicken Bites! This one bite delicious Buttery Chicken goodness is the perfect thing to serve for PERFECT for game night, a snack and is elegant enough to serve at your next soiree!
I’ve taken my traditional recipe and twisted it into this delicious flavor packed morsel.
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 a stick of Butter
- 2 tbsps of tandoori powder
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- 1 tsp each chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and pav bhaji masala
- 2 tbsps ginger and garlic paste
- 2 – 3 tbsps of tomato puree
- 1/2 – 1 cup whipping/heavy cream
- Oil for frying
- Mix the ground chicken with some tandoori masala, half the onion and green chilli.
- Make tiny bite size meatballs
- Heat some oil in a wok and fry the balls for a few minutes, remove from the hot oil and drain
- Heat a sauté pan, add the butter, the chopped coriander and reserved chillies, the reserved onions till translucent
- Follow with all the powdered spices – a teaspoon each of chilli powder, turmeric, cumin powder and pav bhaji masala
- Mix the tomato puree with some water and add it to the pan, followed by some cream
- Immerse the bites into the mixture, cover and cook for a few minutes.
- When serving, remove the Butter Chicken bites, add a toothpick and serve the Butter Chicken sauce for dipping!