Last year I attended an after work course at George Brown College. Besides the initial excitement of receiving a Chef’s hat and coat, we also got to learn how to make really cool things. One of these was making Garlic bread to accompany a Lasagna.
I remember standing there during the demo salivating over the way the butter hit the cheese and the garlic and formed this delicious mixture that the chef slathered over the bread and covered with cheese. You could hear the ooo’s and aah’s as that happened. I decided then and there that I was going to replicate this recipe one day and touch delicious morsels of crab beneath the grated cheese. Since then, I’ve made this a few times to the delight of my family and friends. This is a recipe that simply cannot go wrong. You can make an extra batch of the flavoured butter or use the leftovers to make a compound butter for use later. More about that here.
You can follow my culinary journey at GBC here and watch the entire video for how to prepare this treat here
Crab and Parsley Garlic Bread
- Baguette sliced horizontally
- 1 stick (1/2 cup salted butter) at room temperature
- 2 tsps roasted garlic butter
- 1 cup grated cheese – Peccorino, Parmesan, Gruyere or Cheddar
- 1/2 cup crab meat
- Fold the garlic and parsley in with the butter
- Slather the bread with the flavoured butter
- Add crab meat
- Add cheese
- Bake in a 350 degree oven till the cheese is bubbly