The combination of Shrimp & Asparagus together is one of my favorite things. When I found some really delicate Asparagus, I decided to make this into a delicious Easy Weeknight Meal! This is going to be paired with quinoa, onion, minced garlic, parsley, red chili & paprika and finished with a vegetable broth.
Watch the video to see how to prep Asparagus and the woody bits at the bottom can be thrown into a stock pot with other left over bits to make stock.
Shrimp and Asparagus is a marriage made in heaven and paired with garlic and paprika and tossed together with cooked Quinoa is so hearty and healthy. This recipe can be eaten hot or cold and leftovers make a great lunch!
You can use as much Shrimp as you like in the dish. If making this as a buffet style salad you can use smaller salad shrimp or even finely dice the shrimp post cooking so it’s evenly distributed throughout the quinoa!
Because this is an Easy Weeknight Meal recipe, it’s designed to prepare it in the shortest possible way without sacrificing the delicious.
Serve warm or cold
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup diced Onion
- Handful of Asparagus
- 500 gms, 1 lb shelled and deveined Shrimp
- 2-3 cloves of Garlic minced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 2 tsps smoked Paprika
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil and sweat the onions
- Make room in the pam and allow the asparagus to caramelize in the heat
- Add the shrimp, the garlic and the red sliced chilli
- Add the paprika and mix well
- Cook till the shrimp is just cooked
- Remove the asparagus and shrimp and add more oil to the empty saute pan
- Lightly fry the quinoa and add the stock and bring to the boil
- Add salt only if required cover and cook for 18+ minutes till the quinoa is cooked
- Add more stock if the quinoa starts to dry out
- Fold in the Asparagus and Shrimp mixture when the Quinoa is cooked and all the stock has evaporated