Trifle is an old favourite and super easy to make, Your guests will love the Cake, Custard, Jelly cubes and fruit delicious combination. This can be prepared a few days in advance and serve a large crowd.
I like to layer my trifle with sliced jelly rolls and set my jelly with only half the recommended water so it’s firm enough to cut into beautiful cubes. The measurements below are approximate as the quantities can differ from the size of bowl you present your trifle in.
- 400 gms cake or sliced Jelly rolls
- 3 cups custard
- 2 pkgs jelly set in half recommended water
- 19 oz canned fruit
- 1 cup sweet whipped fresh cream
- Slice your jelly rolls and line the bottom of your serving dish
- Cover with a layer of custard
- Add some canned fruit and a little of the liquid
- Add half the jelly cubes
- Add another layer of jelly rolls, more custard, more fruit and more jelly cubes
- Cover with whipped fresh cream and spread.