- 8 oz(225 g) chopped or chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- In a bowl add the chocolate.
- Heat the cream just till the cream has reaches a rolling boil.
- Pour a cup over the chocolate and leave for a minute.
- After a minute stir till combined.
- Add a tbsp of butter - this is optional but gives a nice gloss to the ganache.
- If you want a pouring consistency, use the ganache just after it's cooled, after a few hours for a cake filling or refrigerate for a truffle consistency.