Shrimp or Prawn Chilli fry is a delicious recipe made with spices, green chillies and tomatoes. This version is made for a filling that you can use in a potato chop, pan roll or my delicious Shrimp papad.
- 1 lb white shrimp cleaned and deveined
- 2 tsps ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tsp each turmeric and chilli powder
- 2 tbsps or more oil
- 2 red onions finely chopped
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- few drops of vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander
- salt to taste
- Since this is being prepared for a filling, I'm going to roughly mince the shrimp
- In a bowl add 2 tsps of ginger and garlic paste, the spices and salt to the shrimp ad leave to marinate for at least a half hour.
- Heat some oil and saute the onions till they just start to turn golden brown. Add the chillies
- Add the shrimp and cook
- Add one finely chopped tomato, cover and cook for a minute till mushy.
- Remove the cover to dry out the mixture, add some salt, a few drops of vinegar and follow with chopped coriander.
- This tastes amazing as a stuffing for Shrimp Papad