One Shrimp sits atop a celery salt rimmed glass with Clamato and Olives. Vodka optional.
An upscale mini cheese ball on a cracker slathered in jalapeño jelly(or jam) and topped with a caper.
Oscar Worthy Mini Cheeseball with Jalapeno jelly
- Makes about 30
- 1 pkg Philly Cheese 8 0z
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 30 capers
- 5 tbsps jalapeño jelly
- 30 small crackers
- Warm the cream cheese in the microwave. Add the grated cheese some salt and pepper. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least and hour till it's nice and firm. Using a small ice cream scoop with a self release lever, fill the cheese in the scoop till it's at level and scoop it out.
- Slather some Jalapeno jelly on a small cracker and add the half cheese ball on top. Garnish with a caper.
A sure winner and the star of your Oscar celebration. Baked Parmesan crisps are served with a dollop of decadent smoked salmon mousse and embellished with caviar.
Oscar worthy Pepper Parmesan crisps with Salmon mousse and caviar
- Makes about 24
- 2 cups grated parmesan
- 2 tbsps breadcrumbs
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 50 gms smoked Salmon
- 2 tsps Sour cream
- 1/4 pkg gelatin
- 2-3 tsps Caviar to garnish
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees and using parchment paper or a silicon mat, place a 1.5 inch cookie cutter and pour in thin layer of grated Parmesan. Continue doing this till you get around 24 circles. Sprinkle some breadcrumbs and pepper and bake for about 10 - 15 mins. Remove when warm with a spatula and store.
- Pulse the smoked Salmon and add the sour cream. Pour a few tsps of hot water into a 1/2 tsp of gelatin. Wait till its cool(but not set) and add it to the mousse. Refridgerate. You don't have to use gelatin, but it does help the mousse hold together.
- Top with a little caviar
Not everyone gets a ticket to the Oscars. There’s nothing stopping you from glamming it up however, slip into something fancy, call your friends and gather around sipping some bubbly. The food makes the mood however and here are three Star performances.
Pepper Parmesan crisps with Salmon mousse and caviar
A sure winner and the star of your Oscar celebration. Baked Parmesan crisps are served with a dollop of decadent smoked salmon mousse and embellished with caviar. See recipe
Mini Cheeseball with Jalapeno jelly
An upscale mini cheese ball on a cracker slathered in jalapeño jelly(or jam) and topped with a caper. See recipe
Mini Shrimp Ceasars
One tiger Shrimp sits atop a celery salt rimmed glass with Clamato and Olives. Vodka optional. See recipe