Satan is spawning! This Satan’s Spawn is a wonderful and creepy take on the deviled egg Sriracha gel is used as a bloody amniotic fluid and the little Satan fetuses are piped into the egg casing. Totally gross and amazingly delicious.
Many many years ago I received this rubber Devil in a gift basket from Screemers at work. I loved this adorable red monster so much that I held on to him and decided to work him into my costume one year. It was such a hit and I took home the first prize in a costume contest.
These deviled eggs were the next inspiration. I developed these so they look super creepy and there are many that have refused to eat them – after all, they aren’t for the faint of heart.
Over the years I have made these several times and this year I decided to remake the recipe and take better photos and video. It was absolutely a great co-incidence that my BFF decided to throw the best ever Halloween party so I got to dress up and make these delicious eggs as well. Make sure to watch the video as well for scenes from the party!
- 12 hard boiled Eggs
- 4 tbsps Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- Salt to taste
- 24 Coriander seeds
- 1/4 cup Sriracha
- 1/4 cup gelatin soaked in water
- Slice the eggs in half and reserve the yolks
- Mix the Sriracha and gelatin together and pour into the eggs and chill to set
- Mix the yolks well with the Mayo and the Sriracha
- Add salt to taste and try and get this as smooth as possible.
- Prep an icing bag and fill with the filling
- Using a 12 tip pipe the head and body into the eggs
- Switch to tip 4 and pipe the horns, arms, legs and a tail
- Add one Coriander seed for the eyes