Like all Thai food lovers, I’m obsessed. From Red to Green curry, Satay & Panang to Khao Soi, I’ve made and relished it all. When I heard of Pad Kaprow Gai or Pad Gra Pow, I was fascinated as I’m a huge fan of Basil. I made this recipe followed by Pad Kaprow Goong also known as Thai Basil Shrimp, now it’s Beef’s turn! This dish compared to some of my other Thai dishes is very easy to put together and does not use a lot of ingredients.
Beef is sauted with ground garlic, pepper & chilli and Thai Basil is added to the stir fry for that unique Thai Basil Beef flavour!
A word of warning, this is a spicy Thai dish as it is basically Chilli based. Pair it with white jasmine Rice and fried Egg to help distribute the heat!
Thai Basil Beef
- 1 tsp white Peppercorns
- 12 cloves of Garlic
- 1 large red Finger Chilli
- 5 red Thai Chillies
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lb approx 500 gms Beef cubes
- 2 tbsps light Soya sauce
- ½ tbsp Fish sauce
- ¼ cup Oyster sauce
- 1 cup Thai Basil
- Crush the peppercorns, garlic and red chillies in a mortar and pestle
- Cut the Beef into a small cubes
- Heat some oil in a wok and saute the crushed peppercorns, garlic and chilli
- Add the Beef and saute for 15 mins
- Add the oyster, soya and fish sauce
- Add the basil and serve with rice and a fried egg