Thai food has always fascinated me and since I have taken a 40 day oath to be vegetarian, this recipe seemed to be the perfect option to get all my veggies packed in some super outstanding flavours. The key to this is using a great Red curry paste, I always make my own and they almost always contain fish sauce and a crab or shrimp paste. To make a pure vegetarian version, leave out the fish sauce and crab paste and subtitle it with a soy pean paste for that umami element.
I’ve used about a cup of seasonal veggies – I’m lucky as where I live even if something is not in season, it is imported from all over the world for us to enjoy.
Get your family to eat all their veggies by preparing this simple and delicious meal. Peppers, Mushrooms, Bok Choy, Broccoli and Sugar Snap peas are sauteed in my homemade red curry paste and then finished off with coconut milk.
- 3 cups Seasonal Veggies - Bok, Choy, Carrots, Sugar Snap peas, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Red and Green peppers
- 2 sliced Shallots
- 3 cloves of sliced garlic
- 3- 4 Kaffir Lime leaves
- 4 tsps Red Curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 vegetable stock
- In a large wok, heat some oil and saute the shallots and garlic
- Add all the veggies and saute well for a few minutes
- Add 4 tsps of red curry paste in a well in the centre, cook briefly and mix in with the veggies
- Stir fry for a few minutes before adding some salt, one cup of coconut milk and a half cup of vegetable stock.
- Serve with Sticky rice.