I love hummus especially since I grew up in the Middle East. It’s so easy to make, so nutritious either as a snack or even as a spread. Can be made in minutes! If I’m throwing a party, 9 out of 10 times, I will likely have a large platter on my menu.
This is so versatile, once you’ve mastered the basic recipe(which will take all of 5 minutes), you can move on to some interesting variations – extra Garlic, Red Pepper, Herb or Olive.
- 19 oz can Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans (reserve a few)
- Juice of a Lemon
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 4 cloves Spiced Garlic
- 3 tbsps Tahina (sesame paste)
- Salt and white pepper
- Water as required
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and start to blend together
- As water as required and blend till the hummus is smooth
- Serve on a platter, covered with Olive oil, a pinch of paprika, cumin, oregano and sumac.
- Garnish with reserved chickpeas and eat with pita bread.