I originally learned how to make these potatoes to accompany my Greek style Turkey but the results were so appreciated by my boys that I found myself making them over and over again.
These potatoes are enriched with Lemon juice, Olive Oil and Garlic. They are soft and silky on the inside and crispy on the outside – you can’t eat just one and double and triple the recipe as they will be gone in no time!
In this recipe, Potato wedges are simmered in the oven in a marinade of stock (Chicken or Veggie) Olive Oil, Garlic, Salt & Pepper and dried Oregano.
If you want your potatoes to maintain a nice yellow color and not turn greyish as they tend to, add a pinch of Turmeric to the mix.
You will result in Lemony flavored Potatoes with a velvety inside and a crispy exterior and you can’t eat just one!
Greek Lemon Potatoes
- 1 lb Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 50 ml Lemon juice 1/2 Lemon
- 3 tsps crushed Garlic
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Chicken or Veggie stock
- Cut the potatoes into wedges
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, stock, garlic, oregano, salt & pepper and toss the potatoes in it
- Cook in a preheated oven for 20 mins, then remove, turn and cook for another 25 mins
- Remove the excess liquid, and continue cooking, turning the potatoes at intervals till the outer skin gets crispy