I love Arabic food! Growing up in the Middle East I grew up with Kaftas, Kebabs, Seekhs and so much more. In this recipe I made burger patties with Middle Eastern spices and fire them up on my charcoal grill. These are stuffed into a pita with a tahini sauce!
- 1 cup diced Onion
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 lb ground Beef
- 1 lb ground Lamb
- 2 tbsps Kafta spice
- 1 tbsp red Aleppo peppers
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp Salt or to taste
- 2 tbsps minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped Parsley
- 1 tbsp white Pepper
- Add the tsp of salt to the Onion and add to a cheesecloth to drain out excess moisture – you can also give it a little bit of a squeeze to get started.
- Add the beef and lamb to a bowl
- Add the kafta spice, red aleppo peppers, cinnamon powder & salt
- Add the onion after the moisture has been removed
- Add the garlic and parsley and mix
- Add the white Pepper and add this in.
- Grab a fist full of the meat, make a flattened patty and stack these between sheets of parchment paper.
- Stack the patties between parchment paper and freeze
- Cook on a coal BBQ
- Cut pita pockets in half and serve these stuffed with kafta burgers, tahini sauce and some greens