Potato has been spiralized, mixed together with onion, herbs and spices and then soaked in a chickpea batter and then fried till crispy and delicious. In India, Pakoras, Bhajias or Bhojes are a very popular street snack. It’s inexpensive to make, gluten free and so delicious.
Everyone loves Pakoras! I also love my spiralizer so I had this idea to make pakoras by spiralizing the potato instead of slicing it the traditional way. This idea is so cool and the pakora is a lovely mix of potato, onion, herbs and spices in one crispy bite.
In the summer I experimented with my Tornado machine and made Potato Tornados – you can find that link here.
- 2 medium potatoes 2 cups yeild
- 1 cup sliced Onions
- 1 tbsp Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp sliced green Chillies
- 2 tbsps chopped Coriander
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 cup Chickpea or Gram flour
- 1/4 cup Rice flour
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 3/4 cup – 1 cup Water
- Spiralize the potatoes and trim using a scissors
- Prepare the batter by mixing all the batter ingredients together
- Add the onions and the rest of the ingredients to the potato, add the batter and mix well
- Heat some oil, grab a small portion and deep fry for 3-5 mins till crispy
- Serve with ketchup or any other sauce or chutney of your choice