We’re making one of the easiest meals today – a No cook Shaved Asparagus with Parmesan & Lemon dressing.
A few weeks ago I walked into my local Loblaws to pick up some groceries and there was a kiosk sampling a very fresh looking Asparagus Salad. I LOVVVE asparagus, as you must know by now, but I had no idea that you could eat it raw. I tried it and loved it, got my co-worker to eat it too and took a recipe print out home.
The lady that sampled the salad said that they used a vegetable peeler to shave the Asparagus. I found this to be very time consuming so used a sharp knife instead. Be careful with the Lemon in this dressing as some lemons tend to be very tart. If your dressing got tarter that you anticipated, you can tone it down with some sugar or some honey.
- 30 ml Lemon juice
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsps chopped fresh herbs – Parsley & Basil
- 1 lb Asparagus
- ¼ cup grated or shaved Parmesan
- Wash and drain the Asparagus
- Bend the bottom of the Asparagus till the woody ends snap off
- Cut the spears off and throw into a big bowl
- Shave the Asparagus on the diagonal using a sharp knife to cut as thinly as possible
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients together
- Toss in with the Asparagus and add the Parmesan