It wasn’t till I got married that I started making this dessert, it’s typically served at Ramadan and Eid and I got into the habit of making a large batch every year.
This dessert can be served cold of slightly warmed up. Over time, it can thicken, just add some milk to thin it out.
- 2 tbsps ghee or clarified butter
- 1/4 cup each raw cashews, almonds and pistachios chopped
- 4-5 dried figs and dates sliced
- 4 cups of milk
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1 can condensed milk(300 ml)
- 100 gms roasted Vermicelli
- In a saute pan let the ghee melt and add the nuts followed by the dried fruit
- Add two cups of milk and the saffron and bring to a boil
- Add the other two cups and when it's heated through add the vermicelli followed by the condensed milk
- Stir well to incorporate and serve