Popular in India, this recipe is made using marinated chicken cooked with onions and spices. My friend Sheela Sonawane shared this recipe with me and I was fascinated to see ingredients like onions and coriander cooked in different ways in the same prep. While this was being prepared, my son who is also my cameraman was drooling over the camera!
- 2 pounds chicken thigh(dark meat) cut into 1 inch strips
- 1.5 tbsps Tandoori Masala
- 1.5 tbsps Ginger & Garlic paste
- 3 large sliced red onions
- 4 tbsps chopped coriander
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- 3 green chillies sliced
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger paste
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- Pinch of clove powder
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- 5 tbsps oil
- Marinate the chicken overnight in the tandoori masala with the ginger and garlic paste, salt and pepper.
- In a large heated tava, pan or skillet, add the oil and then half the sliced onions
- Add 2 tbsps of the chopped coriander and fry well
- Add the chicken and cook for at least 10 – 15 mins
- Add the turmeric, coriander and chilli powder and stir frequently.
- Make a well in the centre of the chicken and add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes till the tomatoes are soft before mixing them into the chicken.
- Add the sliced green chillies and the remainder of the onion
- Add the rest of the chopped coriander
- Finally sprinkle with clove and cinnamon powder