Turn an old favorite into a new creation. A creamy hot chocolate mixture is turned into a decadent dessert. This was an old recipe passed down by my Godmother and I realized that it was neither a mousse, pudding or souffle and hence the name was born.
- 500 ml milk
- 6 tbsps unsweetened cocoa
- 6 tbsps sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 pkg gelatine + hot water
- Garnishes optional
- Heat the milk.
- Add the hot milk to 6 tbsps of cocoa, stirring to remove lumps
- Using a strainer, strain the cocoa back into the milk and add sugar
- Leave to cool
- Whisk the eggs and add the warm milk slowly into the eggs tempering it.
- Return the egg mixture back into the pan
- Heat for a few minutes, stirring constantly
- Add hot water to a pkg of gelatine and add to the milk mixture and whisk to incorporate
- Chill overnight in dishes of your choice