The holidays are here and I wanted to kick things up a notch by throwing a Red & Green Party. I asked my friends to dress up in Red & Green and thought it was only fair that I serve them red & green themed appetizers as well. I’m going to be serving Green Spinach Mini Idlis with Red Chilli Garlic Sauce, Red Chicken 65 in Cucumber cups & Green Chilli Shrimp Lollipops. Please check these other recipes out too!
Ok I’m not even kidding this is probably one of the most delicious green Chilli Shrimp Lollipops you’re ever eaten. Prepare to impress! You know how at every fashion show you have a showstopper, this is the show stopper of your party. I’m going to stick my Shrimp on a skewer, bathe it in a delicious Green Chilli & Coriander batter, and then serve it with a fresh red chilli garlic dipping sauce. It’s to die for! This recipe makes about 32 lollipops, and while this may sound a lot, my son could easily eat this in no time! In this recipe I use the same technique as I did with my Firecracker Shrimp. Little incisions are made in the Shrimp to straighten it out.
Chilli Garlic Sauce – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xAtqX8ifws
- 600 gms of Tiger Shrimp(about 1 lb 3 oz)
- 3 green Chillies
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- Juice of a Lime
- 2 handfuls of fresh Coriander
- 1/2 a cup of Gram flour
- 1/4 cup of Rice flour
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 2 tbsps finely chopped Coriander
- Few thinly sliced Chillies
- salt to taste.
- Oil for frying
- Prepare the Shrimp by peeling and deveining them
- Make a tiny incision on the inside of the Shrimp so they are able to straighten out
- Pat the Shrimp dry
- Prepare the Chilly paste by grinding 3 green Chillies together with 4 cloves of Garlic, the juice of a Lime and 2 handfuls of fresh Coriander. Grind this to a paste, and add a little water as required
- Add 1/2 a cup of gram flour, together with a 1/4 cup of rice and add water just a little bit at a time till all the lumps are removed
- Add 1 tsp Cumin powder, 1 tsp Chat Masala, 1 tsp white pepper & salt to taste. Add the green paste and stir well to incorporate
- Also add about 2 tbsps of fresh coriander very fine and I’m going to add that in together with a few slices of green chilly for an extra kick.
- Skewer each Shrimp with a wooden skewer
- Pour your batter into something that is narrow I like to use a narrow cup
- Heat the oil, and dip your shrimp in the batter scraping a little off the sides so when it looks you see a bit of the shrimp and it doesn’t just look like a corn dog.
- These need about a minute to cook
- Serve them with any red hot sauce of your choice, my favorite is a Red Chilli Garlic sauce that really compliments well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xAtqX8ifws