In honor of my mother’s Mary Coutinho’s 70th surprise birthday, I wanted to create an appetizer that would contain all the flavors she loves in one small bite. And hence I created the Mary-nated Chicken Balls. Middle Eastern spices elevate this chicken ball to an exotic status and this is the perfect make ahead and reheat appetizer to serve at a party for fuss free entertaining.
Needless to say the party was a bit hit. My mother was so surprised and I’ve never seen her this happy. She enjoyed all the food and danced the night away, Happy Birthday Mommy!
- 1lb ground chicken (can sub turkey)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp pomegranate molasses
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled turnips
- Oil for frying
- Combine all the above ingredients together
- Shape and form small balls
- Heat the oil and fry the balls for 5 - 7 mins(may need less time)
- Drain on a paper towel
- Skewer with a fancy pick and serve.
- For video step by step instructions, click here