Eating a chicken curry doesn’t have to have you breathing fire like a dragon. This curry is mildly spiced and finished with yogurt.
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsps of ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tsp each turmeric, chilli powder and garam masala
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsps yogurt
- 2 Red Kashmiri chillies
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 2 tsps ginger and garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric and garam masala
- 1 large finely chopped tomato
- Marinate the chicken for 30 mins to overnight with the lemon juice, ginger and garlic paste, spices, salt pepper and yogurt.
- In a saute pan heat some oil and add the red chillies, followed by the onion and mustard seeds.
- Cook the onions till golden brown and remove from pan.
- In the same pan add the chicken and cook for a few minutes till nice and golden brown.
- Add more ginger and garlic paste and the additional spice powders followed by the tomatoes.
- Cook this for 30 mins, stirring frequently and adding water if required.
- Finish with a cup of stirred yogurt by incorporating a few tbsps at a time and folding it into the gravy.