This exciting fusion recipe for Tandoori Chicken Roulade features Chicken breast marinated in Tandoori Masala, and stuffed with a Spinach and Paneer mixture. This takes the roulade to a whole other level.
I’m always thinking of new and exciting ways to spin old recipes. Tandoori Chicken is a srong favorite and stuffing it with an exciting filling gives it a new and sophisticated twist.
Chicken breast is best used for this preparation. It’s sturdier and will hold up better compared to boneless thigh meat.
In the interest of keeping this simple, I used store bought Tandoori Masala but you can also find my special homemade blend here.
Tandoori Masala – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56MX7y9P-CQ
- 4 Chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsps Tandoori Masala
- 2 tsps Ginger & Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp dried Fenugreek
- 2 tsps Yogurt
- 1 cup finely diced Onions
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 3 cups chopped Spinach
- 200 gms, 7 oz Paneer crumbled
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 sliced Onion
- Remove the Chicken tenders if they are still attached to your breasts
- Butterfly the breasts
- Flatten between two sheets of parchment paper
- Marinate with the salt, tandoori masala, ginger & garlic paste, fenugreek & yogurt
- In a saute pan, saute the onions, add the chilli & turmeric powder followed by the chopped spinach
- Add salt to taste
- Add the crumbled paneer, mix well and allow to cool completely
- Spread the paneer on the chicken breast(watch video) and roll and tie to secure
- Saute in a frying pan, add the onion slices and add the pan to a 350 preheated oven and cook for 30 mins
- Allow to cool, cut and discard the twine and cut in slices to serve