Click here to watch my step by step video! I grew up in the Middle East in Abu Dhabi where Shawarma stalls graced every nook and cranny. When I think about a Shawarma, I think about the fresh pita, covered with creamy hummus, spiced chicken, pickled turnips and fresh herbs. This appetizer can be prepped …
- 19 oz can Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans (reserve a few)
- Juice of a Lemon
- 2 tbsps Olive oil
- 4 cloves Spiced Garlic
- 3 tbsps Tahina (sesame paste)
- Salt and white pepper
- Water as required
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and start to blend together
- As water as required and blend till the hummus is smooth
- Serve on a platter, covered with Olive oil, a pinch of paprika, cumin, oregano and sumac.
- Garnish with reserved chickpeas and eat with pita bread.
View my step by step video My boys love crispy deep fried things and Fish Pakoras are a big hit in my household. Tilapia nuggets are dipped in a chick pea batter, studded with whole spices like cumin and coriander seeds and chilli flakes and coriander and deep fried till crispy. This recipe makes a …
View my step by step video Sabudhana wadas are an incredible Indian street food snack that hails from Maharastra that is vegetarian and also gluten free. In North America, tapioca is all the rage from Tapioca snacks to bubble tea. In India Sabudhana or Tapioca pearls have been enjoyed for generation as a snack, breakfast …
View my step by step video If you love Mushrooms, you will love how they taste smothered in a spicy Butter Masala. Very similar to Butter Chicken, this vegetarian version uses juicy Mushrooms instead. This Lent, I am Vegetarian and I have to admit that I haven’t been eating as many veggies as I should …