I love saying ‘Bechamellllllllll’ and I love eating it. I learned how to make this at a course at George Brown Culinary and love to make it to top a Lasagna, Shepherd’s pie or Moussaka. Simple ingredients like flour, butter and milk are combined to make this delicious silky delight.
- 4 tbsps butter
- 4 tbsps all purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese optional
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Heat the butter, add the flour and whisk to combine and form a roux
- Add the cold milk slowly to the hot roux
- Stir over low heat till thickened
- Add salt, pepper and optional cheese and nutmeg.