This is an old Chinese favorite in all restaurants in India. It’s probably made a hundred different ways, here is my version!
- 1 pound chicken boneless breast or thigh cut in small cubes
- 4-5 spring onions - sliced(reserve leaves)
- 2 large green chilli sliced diagonally
- 1 pod garlic minced
- 2 tbsps garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp soya sauce
- 2 tsps corn starch
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp chilli paste
- Dash of vinegar
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp corn starch dissolved in a quarter cup of water.
- Add 1 tsp of the garlic paste, soya and cornstarch to the chicken and mix well.
- Deep fry on high heat and keep aside.
- In the same sauté pan heat some oil and sauté the spring onions, green chillies and garlic
- Add a tsp of garlic paste, chilli paste, dash of vinegar and the stock. Bring to a boil.
- Add salt if required.
- Add a little soya and ground black pepper.
- Add the dissolved corn starch.
- Add all the cooked chicken and cook for another 30 - 40 seconds.