This has always been one of my favorite staple curries. The magic lies in the green masala that I often prepare ahead. The curry is spiced right up and then cooled right down with some coconut milk.
- 1/2 recipe Green Masala (approx 1 cup)
- 1 full chicken about 2 1/2 lbs
- 1 large sliced red onion
- 1 large green chilli sliced
- 2 tsps cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric(haldi) powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 3-4 tbsps oil
- Heat some oil, and fry the onions and chillies for roughly 3 mins.
- Add all the powdered spices.
- Add the green masala and cook for a few mins and then add the salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and fold in the masala.
- Add the tomatoes.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Cover and cook for 30 - 45 mins, stirring frequently.