This Easter, make this very special Chocolate Barfi and top it with these delectable Easter Chocolate and candies – nobody will be able to resist!
I’ve made Pista Barfi before on my channel. This is a great quick recipe to make with powdered Milk as it’s easily available. Back then Khoya or Milk solids were hard to find, but these days there are popping up in Indian stores everywhere. Instead of using all Milk powder, I opted to mix both to make this Barfi or fudge a bit more economical. But I didn’t skimp on the cocoa, I used a luxurious double dutch Chocolate for it’s mild flavour and intense color. And since Easter is around the corner, the stores are bursting with Easter Chocolate and Candy so I picked some to adorn my Barfi.
I can’t wait for my son to come home from University to devour this.
Easter Chocolate Barfi
- 1/2 cup Ghee or Butter
- 1 cup Milk
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Milk Powder
- 3 cups grated Khoya
- 1/2 tsp Ice Cream or Vanilla essence
- 2 tsps Double Dutch Cocoa or regular Cocoa
- 100 gms melted dark Chocolate
- Chocolate candies and sprinkles of your choice
- Heat the ghee and add in the milk
- Once heated add the sugar, followed by the milk powder and mix
- Add the khoya and keep stirring with a spatula to prevent any burning
- Add the essence and the cocoa powder
- In about 15 – 17 mins the mixture would have thickened and comes together when you stir
- Remove and press into a 7 x 7 inch lined tin and smooth out the surface and allow to cool
- Heat the chocolate and pour over the top and spread
- Arrange the chocolate and candies to your liking and allow both the barfi and chocolate layer to set before cutting