This post has been sponsored by Italpasta, I have received product and compensation but the ideas and opinions are completely my own.
I so very rarely use box Mac & Cheese anymore. There was a time when my son was little and we traveled to India, he practically survived on box Mac & Cheese. With my channel and blog, I’m constantly thinking of gourmet ways to present a Mac & Cheese. When Italpasta told me about their #YourCanadianMac contest, I have to say I was intrigued and decided to take up their challenge.
The easiest and most obvious thing would have been to make an Indian version of Mac & Cheese, but been there, done that and I was trying to think of ideas out of the box (literally) when the thought struck me … what if I created some sort of pizza pie .. my kids love Mac & Cheese, and love Pizza so this was a sure winner.
The Mac & Cheese product from Italpasta is delicious – at first I was startled to not see the bright orange colour we tend to associate with Mac & Cheese and then I realized that this is white cheddar and has no food colouring added. Yes! sign me up! This product is made from 100% Canadian wheat and cheese. We’re all trying to eat healthy, but it’s also great to know that we are supporting our Canadian dairy and wheat farmers!
This recipe is sooooo easy to make, cuts and serves like a pizza and has all the comfort of a Mac & Cheese – enjoy!
If you have great ideas to spin a Mac & Cheese into #YourCanadianMac, you could win a case of 24 boxes of Italpasta Macaroni and Cheese Dinners, enter the contest! All the details, rules and regulations are here!
- Italpasta Mac & Cheese package - 200 gms
- 1.5 liters water
- 30 ml Milk
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups grated cheese
- 1/4 cup Pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup Pepperoni
- Prepare the Mac & Cheese according to the package instructions with the water, butter & milk
- Cook it till it's al dente, slightly under but not over cooked
- Add 1 cup grated cheese and mix
- Grease a 9 inch pie dish with removable bottom
- Add the Mac & Cheese to the dish and pat it down and bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 - 20 mins
- Wait till it cools before overturning it on a silicone mat so it doesn't break
- Add the pizza sauce, parsley. pepperoni & the rest of the cheese and bake
- Again, wait till it cools before cutting and serving