It’s finally summer and it’s natural to start firing up those summer BBQ’s Reshmi Kebab is one of those kebabs that are mild and silky. These morsels of Chicken are marinated in hung yogurt, cashew and cream that tines down some of the other spices used in this recipe. If you’re not a fan of spice, this is the kebab for you!
Reshmi or Resham means silk in Hindi and Urdu and it perfectly describes the texture of this famous kebab. It also goes by other names – Murgh Reshmi Tikka, Malai Kebab, Malai Tikka, but what’s in a name? With ingredients so rich, this kebab is bound to be delicious.
- 2 lbs boneless Chicken cubes
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 cup Cashew cream 1/2 cup Cashew nuts ground in cream
- 2 tsps Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Mustard Oil
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- ½ tsp dried Fenugreek
- 1 tbsp minced green Chilli
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the hung yogurt by draining all the excess water out of the yogurt in a cheese cloth
- Add the yogurt, cashew cream, ginger and garlic paste, spices, salt and mustard oil together and pour over the chicken to marinate overnight
- Skewer and cook on a hot grill for 15 – 20 mins