I always wondered how Firecracker Shrimp were so straight. Are these special type of Shrimp? Are they forced into a straight line using a skewer? I decided to learn the secret to forcing the Shrimp out of it’s natural curled shape. While the curl in a Shrimp is a thing of beauty, it’s really not possible to wrap it up in a crispy wrapper without making a mess. This technique(see video) makes it super easy. There are so many recipes for Firecracker Shrimp but I decided to keep it simple using Sriracha sauce. The Shrimp really is the star of the show and the Sriracha is just there to give it a little heat. Make sure to use the larger variety Shrimp in this recipe.
This recipe only used 4 ingredients – Shrimp, Sriracha, Spring Roll wrappers and a flour paste to hold everything together. These are seriously addictive, make a large batch they go fast!
Sriracha Firecracker Shrimp
- 1 lb Tiger Shrimp
- Sriracha Sauce
- Spring Roll wrappers
- Flour paste
- Quantities really depend on the size of your Shrimp
- Shell and devein the Shrimp leaving the tail on
- Pat them as dry as possible
- Line them up and squirt the top half with Sriracha sauce
- Cut the Spring roll sheet to size(see video)
- Roll, wrap and seal with flour paste