Not just healthy and gluten free , this delicious roll is also packed with flavor. I was introduced to this treat bu a coworker whose parents used to run a restaurant. I introduced it to my kids and just loved it. The measurements below are not exact, simply because the size of the rice paper wrap you will use will vary.
- Dipping sauce
- 2 tsp Hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp Chilli Garlic sauce
- 1 pound Tiger Shrimp
- 1 cup rice vermicelli
- Cucumber cut in logs
- Red pepper but in large square confetti pieces
- Julienne of carrots
- 1 cup crab meat
- Rice paper wraps - medium size
- Mix the 2 sauces together to prepare the dipping sauce and leave aside.
- In a pan, add two tbsps of water and steam the shrimp
- Remove and cool
- Save the stock, in the same pan add more water and bring to a boil
- Cook the rice vermicelli, remove, drain and cool
- Take the shrimp and slice horizontally on the chopping board.
- Soak the rice paper wrap and spread on a wooden board
- Start with the shrimp, arugula, mint leaf, stick of cucumber, coriander, dab of dipping sauce, carrots, red pepper a little crab and finally some of the rice vermicelli. Roll and repeat.
- Wipe down your board at intervals to make the rolling easy.
- Serve with dipping sauce.