There’s nothing like the taste of an earthy pulled chicken to stuff a taco, enchilada, empanada or top a tostada! My boys simply love to prepare their own meals and snacks when I’m not around and every time I make a batch of this it disappears before I can say Jack Robinson, or should I say Jesus Gonsalves?
Mexican Pulled Chicken
- 1 lb boneless chicken thigh
- Juice of a lime
- 6 cloves of garlic crushed
- 3 tsps Mexican chilli powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large sliced red onion
- 2 guajillo chillies
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 3 tsps habanero sauce
- Cilantro to garnish
- Marinate the chicken with the lime juice, garlic, chilli powder, salt and pepper and leave overnight.
- Saute the onion and then add the chicken and cook till seared
- Snip the Guajillo chillies with a scissors straight into the pot
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a few minutes till the tomatoes are nice and soft.
- Add the habanero sauce and any salt and pepper if required
- Transfer to a slow cooker and cook for 6 hours
- If required(not shown in picture), break the chicken apart with the back of a fork and garnish with cilantro