Recipe to follow!
A few weeks ago, I organized a pot luck at work. As usual there were some incredible dishes from my coworkers that have roots from all over the world. Alix hails from France and recently moved to Toronto to work with us. She brought a stack of delicious crepes that she served with Nutella and Jam. I was instantly inspired to take this and turn it into a savory Easy Week Night Meal and it turned out to be pure magic with Smoked Salmon and a creamy Mustard sauce.
Crepes aren’t difficult to make at all. You need a good non stick crepe pan or regular frying pan, oil, batter and patience! We make a similar batter without the milk called Pan Rolls when filled with spicy ground meat or shrimp, and Alle Belle or Pancakes when filled with a sweet coconut and jaggery mixture.
Follow the video link to watch the process.
- 2 whole Eggs
- 250 ml Milk
- 250 ml + extra Water
- 250 gms sifted all purpose Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- Beat the eggs and add the Milk and Water
- Add the Flour a little at a time till fully incorporated with no lumps
- Add Salt
- Transfer to a smaller jug to make it easy to pour
- Heat some oil in a pan, pour some batter and swirl
- Flip over and cook the other side
- Makes about 14- 15 crepes