This home style recipe is so quick and easy to prepare. The beans are enhanced with some bullion cube and East Indian masala. Here are the ingredients and steps to make this recipe!
Green beans are a notable source of the flavonolglucuronidemiquelianin, an antioxidant in humans.(Wikipedia). Green beans can be eaten raw so this is a great recipe to make as it doesn’t need a lot of cooking. I usually cook this 5 – 7 mins but I like to stop cooking it while it’s still a vibrant green.
Even though this recipe uses my fave East Indian Masala you can substitute 1 tsp Chilli powder, 1/2 Cumin powder & 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder. If you would like to purchase this spice blend you can contact two vendors that I know personally.
Sarina Miranda – firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Kane – email@example.com
And yes, East Indian Masala is also called Bottle Masala
- 1 lb approx 500 gms green Beans
- 2 cups sliced Onions
- 2 tbsps sliced green Chillies
- 2 tsps Ginger & Garlic paste
- 1 boullion cube – 10.5 gas Veggie
- 2 tsps East Indian masala
- 1/2 cup Water
- Salt to taste
- Slice the green beans
- Heat some oil and add the onions and allow it to caramelize adding some salt to help it caramelize faster
- Add the green chillies and the ginger and garlic paste
- Mix and allow the raw taste to cook off
- Add the beans and mix
- Add the stock cube and the East Indian or Bottle Masala
- If you don’t have East Indian masala you can also make this with 1 tsp Chilli powder, 1/2 tsp Cumin powder and 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Add the water and salt to taste
- Mix this well together and put a lid on as it should cook in it’s own steam
- Cook this for about 5 – 7 mins