Coriander, Mint, roasted Cumin, Ginger, Amchur or raw Mango powder, black Salt and Lime juice is ground together, then strained and added over ice and topped with Soda for a refreshing drink!
I like to garnish it with slices of lime and some fresh Mint and Coriander. This ideal drink for hot Indian summers as it has cooling properties and digestive properties.
So what does Jaljeera mean? Jal is water and Jeera is Cumin. While it’s really important to have roasted cumin in this recipe, the mint, coriander, mango powder, black salt and lime juice is also important and of course it needs to be topped with soda water.
- 1 tsp roasted Cumin powder
- 1/2 cup fresh Coriander leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh Mint leaves
- 2 tbsps fresh Ginger
- 2 tsps raw Mango powder or Amchur
- 1 tsp of black Salt or regular salt
- 1/2 cup of Water
- 800 – 900 ml Soda
- Garnish – slices of Limes sprigs of Mint and Coriander
- Roast the cumin seeds and grind it
- In a food processor, add the coriander and mint leaves, cumin, raw mango powder, black salt and lime juice and blend
- Add the water to the food processor and strain as well
- Add the strained juice over ice and top with soda and garnish with lime slices, sprigs of mint and coriander