Reachad masala is a blend of Chillies and spices and is used in many recipes. Rechad Masala is the King of Goan spice pastes or masalas. This rich red paste is made from dry Kashmiri Chillies, Ginger & Garlic, Spices, Tamarind & Vinegar. It keeps in your fridge for a while because of the vinegar and is great to slather fish with or in this case Shrimp or Prawn. I like to butterfly the Shrimp to give it a greater surface area for the masala and the semolina which will make the shrimp wonderfully crispy.
Rechad Fried Shrimp with Goan Salad
- 500 gms Shrimp 1 lb
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsps Rechad Masala
- 1 cup Semolina
- 1 cup Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1 cup Cucumbers
- 1 tbsp sliced green chillies
- 1/4 cup Coriander
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Add salt and rechad to cleaned, butterflied shrimp
- Dip the Shrimp in Semolina and shallow fry in hot oil
- In a bowl mix the tomatoes, onion, cucumbers, green chillies, coriander
- Add the vinegar, salt and pepper
- Serve the shrimp with the salad and enjoy!
I’m pairing this with a simple Goan style salad. This is just Tomatoes & Cucumbers tossed together with Onion, Coriander, Vinegar, Salt & Pepper!