This is truly a global recipe! Every country has it’s own version and here is mine! You can use any kind of rice you like and customize it t your taste. I like my pudding think and custardy, but it you like it runny, add more milk!
- 3/4 cup rice(Basmati)
- seeds from 4 pods of cardamom
- 1 tbsp of ghee or clarified butter
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pinch of saffron threads
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pulse the rice and cardamon pods together
- In a sauté pan, heat the ghee and then lightly toast the rice mixture
- Add 3 cups of whole milk and bring to a boil.
- Add the saffron and the sugar
- Stir frequently till cooked about 15 - 20 mins
- When the rice is al dente, add the cream.
- Taste for sugar and add more if required
- Serve warm or cold garnished with nuts or dried fruit.