I invented this recipe many years ago on a whim, and it was so popular that I have since made it many many times to the delight of my family and friends. This is so simple, you only need 4 ingredients to make it a stunning addition to your dessert. I’m using Medjool dates in this recipe as it is the King of dates, a title well deserved as the date is large, plump and juicy. You can sub any other date of your choice.
Watch the Traveling Date a promo video a video diary of the date as it travels from airport to airport to it’s destination.
- 50 Medjool dates
- Marzipan – use half recipe https://kravingsfoodadventures.com/basic-marzipan-recipe/
- 2-3 tbsps chopped pistachios
- 2-3 tbsps melted chocolate
- Pit the dates by making an incision on one side of the date
- Drizzle with chocolate and chopped Pistachios
- Wait till the chocolate hardens and serve
- Can be made a few days ahead