Ay Carumba! I LOOOOOOVVEEEE Churros and the rest of my family does too – so it’s easy to whip up a batch in no time. The ingredients are simple – water, butter, flour, salt, sugar and cinnamon and the results are amazing.
Churros are a simple blend of flour butter water sugar and salt, they’re piped into hot oil, and then rolled in a combination of sugar and cinnamon.
If you’ve had Churros from a store and they’ve been sitting there for a while the experience is not that amazing, but fresh Churros are a whole other ball game.
I served these with a chocolate sauce, but you can also serve this with a Dulche De Leche. Stay tuned for an easy Dulche de leche you can make in the Instant Pot!
- 1 cup Water
- 60 gms or 1/4 cup unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup all purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder
- Boil the water and add the butter, salt and sugar
- Add the flour in increments and stir vigorously, forming a dough
- Allow the dough to cool till it is warm and beat the eggs in one at a time
- Prepare the coating by mixing the sugar and cinnamon powder together
- Heat the oil to 35- – 370 F and scrape all the batter into an icing bag with a star tip
- Pipe right into the hot oil and trim with a scissors
- Allow the churros to cook till golden brown then remove and drain on kitchen towel for about 30 seconds, before dredging in the cinnamon sugar
- Repeat the process with the rest